Last Sunday, I was checking my email and found out I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! ^-^ I was beyond ecstatic and my excitement was as high as the sky (as you can probably tell). Liebster Award would be my first blogging award I have ever received and it would act as my baby step towards my dream. Hence, I really need to thank Vicki from Between Pages for the nomination.
I really like the idea of Liebster Award, by recognising new bloggers with less than 200 followers – it really allows
them us a chance to be acknowledged by fellow bloggers and potential publishers and authors. Through this Liebster Award, it allows me to discover new YA bloggers and reviewers like me and communicate with existence bloggers and followers.
I’ll post the rules for the Liebster Award.
Here are the 11 questions I need to answer.
1. What are your top 5 favorite series of all time?
My top 5 series of all time are:
- Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
- Trylle by Amanda Hocking
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Private by Kate Brian
- Evernight by Claudia Gray
2. What book do you love that most people seem to hate?
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Don’t get me wrong, it’s only the first novel I’m fond of. It’s my guilty pleasure. I have known a few reviewers who used to think the world of this novel, however, they changed their minds after a reread. Though I have reread this novel 3 times and I still absolutely love it.
3. What genres of books do you enjoy reading the most?
- Everything & Anything YA (Young Adult) & NA (New Adult). The love I have for YA particularly makes me wonder if I will ever grow out of them and eventually move onto general fiction? Like, I would still be in my 30s and sitting next to me is a YA novel? The struggle is real.
4. Whose story do you want to hear more of after a book/series finished?
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer! I really need the next sequel. The need is real! The next book is known as The Seeker and it was said to come out in 2015 but there has been no updates. My heart is broken – I’m considering sending spam mails with cute puppies in exchange for a date it will release.
5. If you could live in any fantasy world, which would you choose and why?
- Definitely Percy Jackson’s world. I would be Annabeth, the girl whose mother is Athena – goddess of wisdom and war. She is both smart & kickass! Being able to go on adventures all the time makes me jump up and down! ^-^
6. Do you eat while reading or do you fear for your book?
- Yes, I’m guilty. But I do eat while I read, especially if that book is AMAZING! My favourite snack to munch on while reading is chocolate hazelnut.
7. What are your top 3 books you have read so far this year?
- Angelfall by Susan Ee
- Never Never by Colleen Hoover
- The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
In no particular order.
8. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
- This would be a common answer, but I’m proud to say The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. It was absolutely breathtaking and amazingly adapted. I can’t wait till Paper Town comes out! ^-^ Though I definitely needs to read the book before I go and watch the movie. 😛
9. What author would you most like to meet and why?
- I would love to meet John Green or David Levithan, because I love their writing. In every single novel of theirs I’ve ever read consist of beautiful sentences in which I could never express them in words, yet somehow they did it! Oh and the characters’ voice are so interesting and unique! I especially love the philosophical element in them.
10. If you could become a character in a book who would you choose and why?
- Don’t yell at me, but I haven’t read Harry Potter yet. Though I would love to become Hermione Granger, because I love her wisdom and her passion for books. I love how she knows almost every single spell to something. I love her hair, her voice and just everything about her generally.
11. What books are you most looking forward to being released this year?
- The Seeker by Stephenie Meyer (not happening!)
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- Joyride by Anna Bank
Now 11 Random Facts About Me
BEWARE: They might creep you out.
- I’m obsessed with makeup, like I will just buy them all the time whenever I’m at work. Though I rarely use them except for special occasion. I especially am addicted to buying mascaras and foundations.
- I’m slightly OCD or you could called me a perfectionist when it comes to my workbooks or summary books, they all have to be colour coordinated, hence why I procrastinate so much.
- I love the smell of books, like sometimes I would pick up a book and if I don’t like the smell or if it gives me a headache then I don’t read it? It’s weird, I know. I couldn’t help it.
- I have a quote books in which I write down all the quotes I love, because typing it up doesn’t mean anything. Yes, it is colour coordinated too.
- I have never done any course or taken up any classes in relation to photography, interior design or fashion. But they are my sub-interests compared to makeup and books.
- I love dogs over human because they are so fluffy and so huggable (yes, I’m aware it’s not a word), and generally a great companion. If I see a dog down the street I wave to them (even if the owner is next to them). I think they deserve respects and acknowledgment as much as humans do.
- I have a collection of teddy bears; each of them have their own name and to me they have their own personalities as well as voice. Yes, unfortunately I’m that weird.
- I am very picky in terms of food, I wouldn’t mind becoming one of those host that travels and taste variety of different foods. I reckon it did be amazing! ^-^ Some of the weird stuff I’ve tasted are frogs, snails, shark fins, kangaroos, crocodiles etc.
- Whenever I dream, I have superpowers. Not necessarily turn invisible or shoots fire or ice from my palms. But rather a more advanced abilities and strengths compared to humans, essentially like a ninja. E.g. able to jump from the ground to the top of the building using kung fu.
- I am very much a daydreamer, I could be at work and daydream (opps) and being extremely clumsy (big opps). Then I get in trouble at work for not being cautious enough. I really wish I work at a bookshop, a place where I can extend my potentials and demonstrates my passion for books.
- I have that one white hair that never goes away, in which my mother says is a pass-down from my grandfather because my brother has it too (at almost exact same spot)! :O
Well, that was exciting! 😀 Here are the 6 bloggers I’m nominating…
( I can’t find any with less than 200 followers, or the ones I know of anyway. :P)
- Read The Bloody Book
- Reading Takes You Places
- Amethyst Bookwyrm Reviews
- Read To Me At Midnight
- Read At Midnight
Nominees, at least attempt at
writing a 1000 words essay on those 11 questions I’ve prepared for you.
- What is that one quote that identifies you as a bookworm? Explain its significance.
- Do you like the smell of ancient books more so than the new fresh one you just bought?
- Hardcover? Paperback? Or ebooks?
- If you love a book, would you want it to be adapted into a film? Why or why not?
- Hot chocolate? Tea? Coffee? Water? Which would be your favourite to go-to during winter?
- Do you ever feel bad for the trees based on the amount of books you see in the library, bookshops, on your bookshelves or even just in general?
- If an author allows you to rewrite a novel he/she has written, which would it be? Why? What would you have change?
- List the top 5 fictional characters which you would love to have them as your best friends.
- If an apocalypse is about to happen in a week time, what would you do to your books?
- If you were to publish a book, unfortunately you’re going to anger either the editor or the illustrator in which you would end up with either a fantastic blurb, but with an awkward front cover or vice versa. Tick tock, time to choose.